The Rohatyn Group
Departamento de Montevideo
TRG is looking to hire a highly-motivated individual to assume the role of Java/SQL Developer in our New York City Office.
Include the following, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, test and integrate high quality solutions based on business requirements.
- Development support of existing in-house systems over time.
- Operationally support existing in-house systems.
- Writing technical and support documentation.
- Provide occasional backup to Infrastructure and Help Desk teams.
- Developing solutions which fit with the longer-term technical architecture of TRG.
- Thoroughly testing applications for quality, data integrity, reliability, and scale.
- Configuration Management.
- Code Optimizations.
1. Excellent communications skills (written and spoken).
2. Minimum of 7 years hands-on experience in developing multi-tier, multithreaded, multi-user, distributed application services using core Java and technologies such as JDBC, JMS, JSP/Servlets, JAXB, JMX, REST, SOAP, HYBERNATE.
3. Strong Understanding of Object-Oriented Design patterns.
4. Strong Understanding of Data Structures.
5. Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in using SQL and databases (such as Microsoft).
6. MS Excel.
7. Minimum understanding of following is required:
- Understanding of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Normal Forms;
- Query Optimization;
- Stored Procedures;
- Data Integrity Constraints;
- Ability and willingness to get involved across many functions (business analysis, application support, testing, deployment, prototyping, documentation, etc.).
The following skills are helpful for a prospective candidate to possess:
- Strong financial analytic skills (Financial Math)
- Windows system administration skills
- Object Request Broker Technologies (RMI, COBRA etc.)
- Domain knowledge of financial instruments (Fixed Income, FX, Equities)
- Object Relational Mapping
- Swing UI
Founded by Nicolas Rohatyn in 2002 with a commitment to emerging markets, The Rohatyn Group’s 96 professionals manage approximately $5.3bn across private equity & credit, forestry & agriculture, infrastructure & renewable energy and public markets.
The Firm has a presence in 14 cities globally.
TRG’s headquarters in New York is home to the majority of our Public Markets team, with additional equity analysts based in Hanoi and Cairo. Professionals in Buenos Aires, London, São Paulo, Lima, New Delhi and Mumbai are responsible for our private equity and credit deal sourcing, due diligence and portfolio company management. Professionals in Boston, Rotorua (New Zealand) and Montevideo are focused on forestry and farmland investment strategies. The CapAsia team is based in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Certain advisory affiliates of TRG also have an office in Mexico City.
Our investment teams are supported by a robust business management platform.
With expertise in legal and compliance, global operations and custody, risk management, marketing, investor relations and information technology, investment teams are able to focus on core activities. Certain TRG entities are registered with one or more regulatory agencies, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the UK Financial Conduct Authority. Consistent with our institutional approach, we also have committed to meeting several industry best practice standards, including certain standards set by the Standards Board for Alternative Investments and the Principles for Responsible Investment.
TRG’s culture is characterized by four core traits:
- Collegial and respectful: The Firm operates in an open environment that encourages participation and sharing of ideas.
- Emphasis on teamwork: Cross-functional meetings and incentive schemes reinforce teamwork.
- International: TRG staff originates from over 20 countries and speaks more than 20 different languages.
- Transparent: TRG believes it is important to maintain an open dialogue with its clients. Internally, team meetings and a policy of partner accessibility encourage interaction and dialogue amongst employees.