Departamento de Montevideo
About Syngenta: Syngenta is a leading company in the agricultural sector aimed at improving global food security by helping millions of producers make more efficient use of available resources. Through first-class science and innovative solutions for crops, our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work to transform agricultural production. We are committed to recovering land on the edge of degradation, improving biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Location : Montevideo, Uruguay
We make a difference: Be part of the Finance team giving support to the area. We currently have 4 openings available to join our Accounting to Reporting team.
Through the values: Passion for Customers,
How Matters and Determined Execution you will live and experience a critical role for our business, below the detail
- Provide accurate, timely and proper substantiation of financial reporting submissions in line with the Syngenta Financial Reporting requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of all business transactions in ERP system according to the IFRS rules for group reporting and local GAAP rules for statutory reporting (local ERP only).
- Review relevant balance sheet reconciliations in line with corporate IFRS and local statutory reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with GFO to ensure data quality and output are reliable.
- Collaborate with Business Finance organization to verify the correctness of the accounts and provide appropriate substantiation to approve relevant accounts.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and efficiency in relevant processes.
- Contribute to a high level of financial compliance.
- Support internal /external audits and ensure timely remediation of outstanding audit issues.
At Syngenta we are highly people focused – we look for professionals who are engaged, collaborative and excellent in execution. Leaders are expected to communicate effectively, develop teams and lead by example. Our industry and our function are changing rapidly so we are looking for new team members with a strong desire to develop themselves.
It is indispensable for this position:
- Graduate or advanced student (Accounting/Economics).
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP experience is a plus).
- Advanced in English.
- Data accuracy and service mindset.
- Analytic skill, dynamic, team working, organized and attentive to deadlines.
- Process improvement and efficiency mentality.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS.
Nice to have:
- 2 years of experience in accounting or similar positions.
- Knowledge of Finance GSM processes.
Be part of the Syngenta Experience
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits
- Dynamic and international environment
- Modern office environment and collaboration tools
- Forward thinking policies (e.g. remote working, career breaks)
- Support personal development in a diverse and inclusive environment
Beyond just believing in the power of diversity, Syngenta Group promotes an inclusive culture that includes differences in all its forms. We believe that the feeling of belonging allows people to become their best version, building an increasingly welcoming and productive environment.
All qualified candidates will be considered for our positions, without distinction of race, gender, age, nationality or disability.
* This position will not provide relocation support.
* This position requires immediate job availability.
Be part of a leading company that brings the potential of plants to life