Departamento de Montevideo
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world.
This position is a hands-on leader role that will oversee the work of a small group of data engineers and will be responsible for all aspects of data engineering including architecture, modeling, gathering, preparing, processing, mining, and visualizing.
The role contributes to the success of the ACS organization by defining and driving the tools and data strategy for our entire services team and to a certain extent our customer base.
Half of your time will be spent building tools to enhance our data strategy, the other half will be helping other technical teams and customers utilize and/or deliver those tools over NetSuite’s platform for customers in the ACS program.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgement based on experience. Fully competent in own area of expertise. Will likely have project lead role and/or supervise junior level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
- Performs varied complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, to implement NetSuite Solutions to meet customer needs.
- Provide quality work to deliver technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements.
- Apply Oracle methodology, company procedures, documenting processes, and leading practices.
- Participates in business development activities.
- Design and develop new customizations as well as troubleshooting client issues related to the platform.
- May act as the team lead on projects.
- Effectively consults with management of customer organizations.
- Design and build architecture to harness data, develop applications for data analysis, modelling and data visualization.
- English knowledge is a must
- Familiarity with the fully data lifecycle including architecture, modeling, gathering, preparation (storage, arranging, integrating), processing, mining, and visualizing (reports, dashboards, storytelling)
- Familiarity with setting up and managing data lakes, bigdata, sql, nosql, relational, structured and unstructured data
- APIs such as flask, Django, fastapi, swagger
- Algorithms and data structures
- Unit testing with pytest
- Databases (oracle, mysql, redis), and schema validation/modeling with pydantic or marshmallow
- Middleware – apache kafka, storm, message broker
- Analysis libraries like pandas, numpy, pyspark, fastapi, sqlalchemy
- Develops – CI/CD, git, bitbucket, Jenkins, docker, ansible and clearcase
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a recognized authority and leading contributor within their practice, this senior-level consulting position provides consistent high quality and innovative solution leadership to a project team. Leads the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle solution meets the customer’s objectives by combining industry best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to deliver functional and technical solutions on non-routine and very complex aspects of applications and technology installations. Provides direction and mentoring to project teams, and effectively influences customer leadership on key decisions. Supports the business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain expertise. Resolves complex customer issues by recommending and implementing solutions. Demonstrates expertise in multiple business processes across two or more product families or ability to architect and design technology solutions encompassing multiple products and make decisions based on impact across the stack.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position including 4 years of consulting experience. Prior team leadership or management experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Strong influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.